JOIN OUR TEAM!
Do you love board games? Being a part of a innovative business? Working as a team? If yes, you're in luck! Funny Bones is hiring for several positions as our business is steadily growing!
Company: Funny Bones Inc.
Location: 3029 Lake Shore Blvd W, Etobicoke, ON
Status: Temporary Full Time Salary: TBD
Company Profile: Funny Bones is all about the Power of Play. At our café location, we offer 1000+ games for in-house table play, retro arcade/video games, theme & group play nights, tournaments, D&D, etc. We offer retail and rental options and online play experiences through our new Funny Bones Virtual division.
We also offer a multitude of play-based learning Enrichment programs, our largest being a full day Summer Enrichment Program, which runs this year from July 5th - Sept 3rd.
Job Description: Funny Bones Games Lounge and Café is seeking experienced Instructors/Leaders for the Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) 2021. Candidates will be required to create/source/revise play-based learning lesson plans, in structured formats, for our four different areas of focus. Each week will highlight a fun, engaging theme.
• Active Play
• Arts and Culture
• Game Play
The Instructors are responsible for developing and delivering high quality SEP programming to participants ages 6-14. These individuals will facilitate daily programming both in-house and outdoors locally, in 90 minute periods, following a structured lesson plan. They will also supervise and manage large groups for various types of play, making sure that order, materials and spaces are well maintained. They will be responsible for keeping participants safe and making sure that they have a great experience.
● Teaching, Early childhood education, Camp Leader, Counselor, Coaching and Day Care experience all considered an asset
● Experience researching, developing and executing lesson plans
● Experience with children in an active setting
● Game and play-based learning experience an asset
● Passion for contributing to developing, young minds
● College level or above, or equivalent experience
● Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative and dynamic environment
● Think creatively to produce new and exciting play-based learning activities for camp clients
● Beyond excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to organize, use template-based planning and write clear instructions
● Patient, caring and responsible
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter AND resume, in one single PDF file, clearly labelled with your full name as the file name. Candidates are also required to include a 1-3 minute video answering the following questions;
1. Why do you want this job? And
2. Your favourite game/board game/tabletop game etc.?
Please email Laurie at FunnyBonesHR@gmail.com (If the video file is too large, you can send it over any preferred platform such as Google Drive, WeTransfer, etc.)
**Applications not following these instructions will not be considered**
Funny Bones would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to apply: Applications are being immediately considered!
Funny Bones is an equal opportunity employer
Job Description: The Server/CSR/Game Player will be responsible for a number of tasks including; working on the outside patio, which includes serving drinks/food; using a mobile POS machine to handle transactions, game demos and sales, and game/play/customer management. They will be responsible for following all protocols and upholding all procedures Funny Bones has in place, including current Covid-19 practices like increased cleaning/sanitizing, PPE, and more. The Server/CSR/Game Player role will also be responsible for facilitating play, promoting game sales, being able to freely talk about games and recommend games based on the customers interest/needs. We are looking for someone that loves play, games, has serving experience, and is flexible to support in a number of areas!
- Serving experience. Must have (up to date) smart serve
- Game experience (classic games, board games, card games, video games, DnD, etc.)
- Food preparation and Food Handlers Certification considered an asset
- College level (but will consider the right candidate)
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative and dynamic environment
- Self-confidence to take the initiative to approach customers to teach/explain games
- Excellent communication skills
- Efficient time management skills, able to multitask and stay organized
HOW TO APPLY